The 25th anniversary of Gojuryu Karate Beach Training is re-scheduled for September 26th!
(Unfortunately, the air quality index reports for the original date of September 12th were double that of Sept 11th instead of the projected 1/2, therefor, our Karate event at Montera State Beach is rescheduled to September 26th)
From the roots to the fruits and back again.
Saturday September 26th we’ll host the 25th anniversary of Karate Beach training, beginning at 10:00 am, at Montara State Beach. Please wear your old or less expensive Do-gi. We will not have Sanchin training in the ocean, as with our Santa Monica seminars. Our Northern California water is just too cold. This is a wide sand beach north of Half Moon Bay and south of Daly City, outside of the burn and smoke zone. Everyone must wear a mask at all times, follow social distance protocols and have their temperature checked before and after training. Your mutual respect is appreciated.
– 8150 Cabrillo Hwy, Montara, CA 94037
For more information regarding Montara State Beach please visit
We will begin training at approximately 10:00 am. Sensei will arrive at 9:00 am to set out cones and mark space. All participants must wear a mask while on site adhering to state protocols.
We will also cut ‘Bo’ for everyone until I run out of hardwood.
Look for the orange cones. Each session is 50 minutes:
- Session One (1) – 10:00 am.
- Session Two (2) – 11:00 noon.
- Lunch hour – 12:00 pm. with Melon Boken pinata. Please bring your own lunch.
- Session Four (3) – 1:00 pm.
- Session Four (4) – 2:00 pm.
Please park in either side of the “La Costanera” parking lot. Questions for training or what to bring or what to expect:
- Wear your Do-gi and belt.
- Top exchangeable for a T-shirt. It will be hot out.
- a sweat towel.
- sun umbrella or tent.
- The restrooms are open however often do not stock hand sanitizer.
- Bring hand sanitizer!
- You may use a Yoga mat or beach towel during training if you wish.
- Shoes are optional.
- Please bring wipes for your feet after training.
- Shoes are optional.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Everyone must wear a mask during training at all times.
- There is no physical contact with others outside of your own household.
- Sorry, no Kumite or Kakie Keiko.
- Everyone will have their temperature (touchless infrared) checked before and after training.
- Please be prepared to answer a Covid statement and sign the consent for training.
- Bring your Sai and ‘Bo’ if you have.